Agent - Run As User Role- Is Not Using Planning Parameter Set Up Uses In User Preference For Actions
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 6.1.5
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running an agent as a specific user role which has a specific preference containing a planning parameter, the agent does not use the planning assigned. Instead the Domain Default is used. The client is expecting the agent (whether kicked off by a user or integration) to use the User Preference assigned to the User Role on the Agent.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Created External Status: A_WORKBENCH
Object Type: ORDER_MOVEMENT
2. Created Agent: OM_ASSIGN_TO_SHIPMENT
Agent Event: ORDER MOVEMENT - STATUS CHANGED: INTEGRATION or INTERNAL or
Run As: User Role: WORKBENCH
Agent Action: MOVE ORDER MOVEMENT TO SHIPMENT: 01010, Do Not Consolidate
SET STATUS: A_WORKBENCH_ASSIGNED
3. Created User Role: WORKBENCH
4. Created User Preference: WORKBENCH
Contains the following: Parameter Set SH.FD_PLANNING
5. Under Manage User Access assigned Preference WORKBENCH to user role
6. Domain Settings has Planning Parameter as SH.CUSTOM
7. Created Order: WORKBENCH_TEST
8. Created order Movement: WORKBENCH_TEST-002
1. Log into OTM.
2. Go to Order Management --> Order Movement --> Order Movement.
3. Search for WORKBENCH_TEST <Begins With>.
4. Select and go to Actions --> Utilities --> Change External Status.
5. Select Status A_WORKBENCH with a value of A_WORKBENCH_ASSIGNED.
6. Click Ok.
7. Click View Log and select the ADMIN log to view.
8. In viewing the log, find that Planning Paraemeter FD_PLANNING is not
found. However, if you search for CUSTOM, you will see that is the planing
parameter being used which is the default:
2011-06-10 18:39:36.066 381245 Debug PlanningParameters
PlanningParameterHelper.getPlanningParameter(): Returning ALLOW DUPLICATE PREFERRED RATE OFFERINGS -> ParameterData: value = <0>, uomCode = <null> (Set = <CUSTOM>
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms