Customer Support Specialist: Secured Tasks Are Visible and Can Be Updated on Task History
(Doc ID 1344585.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that 'Secured' tasks are still visible and can be updated in the Task History tab in Customer Support Specialist and Case Worker pages.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Set Profile Option. Task Manager : Set Context Data Security to 'Security Access'
Do this at Site Level or for two Responsibilities.
2. Log into Case Worker or Customer Support Specialist. Create a Task for a service request.
3. Make sure Task Visibility is set to 'Internal' Only
4. Include Agent A as the Owner and Agent B as the Assignee
5. Task 408127 appears in the queue of Agent A since he is the Owner
6. Log in as Agent B and see the Task in his queue since he is the task assignee.
7. Log in with a different user, neither the Task Owner nor the Assignee.
8. Open the service request and navigate to Tasks and Related Information.
Per Security setup, the secured task is not visible on the SR. This is good and behaves as it should be.
9. However, on the History Tab, the secured task appears as a link in the History tab.
10. Click on the Task Link.
You get an Error message about task security, but the user is still able to see/update the task:
Message not found. Application: JTF: Message Name: TASK_ACCESS_DENIED
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document