Transfer Journals to GL - Assets Attempts to Transfer Old Pre-Upgrade Data and Will Not Transfer Open Period Data
(Doc ID 1347364.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can be identified in one of two ways:
A) Client runs Transfer Journal Entries to GL - Assets to move open period data that is fully accounted and needs to move to GL and the transfer fails on old pre-upgrade data. Note that no error for current period data will show, as the process will stop on the first (oldest) failing data it finds. The error(s) usually displayed:
EP01 This date is not in any open or future enterable period.
But only for periods PRIOR to the upgrade period. The upgrade period can be verified by reviewing the parent output of Generate Asset Trace and checking fa_deprn_periods.xla_conversion_status for any asset in the book in question. The last row for which this is populated will be in status 'UA' -- all subsequent periods will be null. Thus, we know that the last period populated for this column was the open period when the client upgraded.
B) On the Subledger Period Close Exception Report there are many unprocessed events for the Assets journal source.
Note that, if this is encountered via the Subledger Period Close Exception Report, Tax book data is likely to be shown as well as Corporate. Support needs to verify each book's open period at upgrade individually, as Tax books could easily be open in periods different from Corporate books at time of upgrade.
The items that are attempting to move erroneously to GL are normally:
1) ADDITIONS or ADJUSTMENTS that were created prior to an upgrade to R12 (in 11i)
2) Transactions which are in periods that were closed before the upgrade took place, sometimes months or years before
3) They are in Processed/Posted (P/P) status in xla_events, but have an xla_ae_headers.gl_transfer_status of 'N'
4) The customer confirms the items are in fact posted correctly in 11i (ie in GL) and should not be transferred now either because:
- book is not-postable (fa_books.gl_posting_allowed is NO), so the events should not be 'N' as that would imply they are postable but not transferred.
- book is postable, and prior to upgrade the client reconciled these books and does not want any further items from the pre-upgrade periods to post
VERY IMPORTANT: This discussion does not relate to items created in the open period of upgrade, but before upgrade, as those will need to post. This is exclusive to periods closed BEFORE the period of upgrade.
5) In fa_adjustments, the underlying transaction is NOT related to the open period of the upgrade, that is, these are not events that have a wrong (incorrectly backdated) event_date in xla_events, instead they are really items that should not transfer and are from older periods.
Data needing to be fixed can be identified with this select:
Upgraded from 11 to R12.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!