Getting Error Page - You Have Encountered An Unexpected Error While Saving Draft Work Order
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create work orders in 'Draft' status, the following error occurs.
However, work orders can be directly created in 'Released' status successfully.
Cannot create work order. 1.
oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException: java.lang.NullPointerException at oracle.apps.fnd.framework.OAException.wrapperException(OAException.java:912)
## Detail 0 ## java.lang.NullPointerException at oracle.apps.eam.workorder.webui.CreateUpdateWOPGCO.processFormRequest(CreateUpdateWOPGCO.java:540)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
2. Navigation: Work Orders -> Work Orders
3. Create work order in 'Draft' status and save
4. Receive the above error in Forms
5. Now, go to Maintenance Super User responsibility
6. Click on Work Order tab
7. Create work order in 'Draft' status and save
8. Receive the error in Self Service
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms