Configuration In IB Is Not Showing Correct After Disassembly And Component Is Used In Other Assembly
(Doc ID 1364590.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are 2 issues when viewing a child component instance:
i. The configuration screen is not correctly displaying the parent relationship of the child instance - child is still shown as a component of the original parent even after that relationship has been end dated and a new one to different parent is created and active
ii. The configuration screen is does not show components of a child component even though the relationships are active - they are only displayed when viewing top level parent instance
Expect only currently active relationships to be displayed in the configuration screen and to be able to see the whole configuration from the current instance
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Goto Work In Process user responsibility
2. Create a standard discrete job for assembly with 4 levels as A > B > C > D and complete the discrete job.
IB shows the configuration correct.
3. Dis-assemble A using a non-standard WIP job so that B can be stocked.
4. The link from A > B is end dated in CSI_II_RELATIONSHIPS
5. Goto Install Base User responsibility and search for B. The configuration tab shows the parent A (the link is already broken as per step 4). Issue (i) above
6. When searched for B in Install Base, the components of B (C > D) are not shown in the configuration tab (Issue (ii) above) even though relationship exists in CSI_II_RELATIONSHIPS table. (Link between B > C , C > D is active in CSI_II_RELATIONSHIPS)
7. Goto Inventory responsibility and do a Miscellaneous issue of A.
8. Go and search for A in IB. A is expired.
9. Search for B in IB. The configuration tab shows the parent A which is expired (the link is already broken as per step 4 and A is expired as per step 8). Issue (i) above
10.Create and complete standard DJ for the assembly(A1) using B as component. (A1 > B > C > D)
11.Goto IB and search for A1. The configuration tab shows A1 > B > C > D
12. Goto Install Base User responsibility and search for B. The configuration tab shows the parent as A instead of A1 (there is active link in CSI_II_RELATIONSHIPS between A1 > B). Issue (i) above
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!