Customer Form, Contacts Issue: Updating Purpose of Email Address Raises Error: Value for primary_by_purpose is Y. Please enter a value for contact_point _purpose.
(Doc ID 1365590.1)
Last updated on JULY 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you are editing the details of a contact's email address, and remove the Purpose or Format then attempt to save, you get the following errors:
1. Value for primary_by_purpose is Y. Please enter a value for contact_point _purpose.
2. You cannot update column email_format to null.
Steps to reproduce:
Responsibility: Receivables Manager
Navigation: Customers : Customers
- Query a customer.
- Click on Account Details icon.
- Select an address and click on Site Details icon
- Select the Communication tab
- Under Account Site Contacts region, click Details icon
- Under Contact Email region, for the email address that needs to be updated, click on the Update Icon
- Remove the Purpose and Format.
- Click Apply. The error appears.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document