NACHA - Where Does the Header Information ( Record 5 and Record 1 ) Come From?
(Doc ID 1366050.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The bank changed the required format for the NACHA file.
Where do we go to change the File Header Record and the Batch Header Record for the Payroll NACHA files?
Here are the requirements given to us by the bank.
- Require all files to be unbalanced.
- The File Header Record (also known as the 1 record) must have the Immediate Destination as the bank's routing number.
- This is located in position 4-13 of this record.
- The File Header Record (1 record) , the Immediate Origin must be the number 1 plus your company's Tax ID number.
- For example, if your Tax ID number is 123456789 you would input 1123456789 as your Immediate Origin.
- This is located in position 14-23 of this record.
- The Batch Header Record(s) (5 record), the Company Identification needs to be the number 1 plus your company's Tax ID number.
- This is located in position 41-50 of this record.
- The Batch Header Record(s) (5 record) , the effective entry date needs to be no earlier than the next business day after the date the file is uploaded.
- For example, if you submit your file to us on August 1st, 20XX the earliest date you can put as the effective entry date would be YY0802 (where YY is the year entered in the effective entry date).
- This is located in position 70-75 of this record.
- Filenames have a specific file extension requirements.
- Please make sure your file extension is .001, .220, .txt, .ach or .asp.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document