How to Set the Workflow for Authorised By To Mandatory Check Box Functionality
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OLM: Personalization LrnrEnrollmentMaintainPG Authorised By to Mandatory not working
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login as user with the appropriate personalization system profiles set to allow page personalization and with Oracle Learning Managment Administrator responsibility, navigate Catalog Administration expand selected catalog entry to expose Classes hyperlink on the /oracle/apps/ota/admin/catalog/webui/CatalogPG page,
- click on classes, click on Single enroll icon against a non-full class which gets you to the
- Click on the Personalize "General" hyperlink in the General page region
- Find the item Message Component Layout: (MsgComp13) in the page Personalization Structure, click on the pencil icon (to allow personalization) next to the Message Check Box: Authorized By item.
- Set the Required property at the responsibility personalization level to Yes, click Apply to save the changes and exit the Personalize Message Check Box
: Authorized By page.
- This sets the Authorized By checkbox in the general region to mandatory (it now has an asterisk against it).
- Click the Return to Application hyperlink to exit the personalization page. (bottom left of screenshot below) the page now shows the Authorized By checkbox with an asterisk before it indicating that the field is required entry before the page can be submitted successfully
- Cancel out of the
- Flush the server cache using Functional Administrator
- Re enter the same page by the steps described above. Select and fill in all the relevant details to enter a single enrollment for the class, but forget to check the Authorised By check box (now showing as a mandatory field with an asterisk against it)
- Click apply, and the administrator is not prompted to check the Authorised By checkbox (the expected behaviour) so that the class enrollment booking record is saved with the AuthorisedBy flag set to 'N'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms