Defaulted Charge Account Doesn't Change After Modifying Category
(Doc ID 1369391.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 07, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:POXRQERQ.FMB - Enter Requisitions GUI
Form:POXPOEPO.FMB - Enter Purchase Orders GUI
Form:POXBWVRP.FMB - AutoCreate Documents GUI
***Checked for relevance on 07-NOV-2013***
When creating a new Requisition (Req) or Autocreating a Purchase Order (PO) from a Req in Purchasing, or directly creating a PO, before submitting for approval change the category (account generator uses category to determine account for the charge account).
Expected behavior is for the distribution to be updated accordingly, but this does not occur.
(Note: category accounts configured to determine account - items not used)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create Requisition
2. Create New Purchase Order
3. Create Purchase Order through Autocreate
4. You chose a category (item isn’t used). Every category has associated an account(screenshot 1) .
5. Account generator uses this account in order to create charge account.
6. Save your work. In shipments and distributions you can see charge account created(screenshot 2).
7. If you change the category on purchase order or requisition and save your work, charge account doesn’t change with the right account segment (screen 3)
8. You have to go on distributions, delete the existing charge account (screen 4) and only if you click again on distributions field charge account is re-created correctly (screen 5)
Impact on Business:
User have to go on distribution, delete charge account and when clicking again in this field, charge account fills with the correct values
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document