CEXRECRE Reversed Receipt Not Showing On Report
(Doc ID 1371804.1)
Last updated on MAY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Cash Management - Version: 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 - Release: 12 to 12.1
Oracle Receivables - Version: 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release: 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Report:CEXRECRE.RDF - General Ledger Reconciliation Report
1. Responsibility: Receivables Manager
Navigation: Receipts > Receipts > Create a standard receipt.
- Reverse the receipt with either Stop Payment or NSF. (These are the two kinds of receipt reversals that will show as available for reconciliation in Oracle Cash Management.)
- Submit Create Final Accounting and Transfer to GL
- Navigation: Tools > Create Accounting > Choose Create Final Accounting Post to GL
2. Responsibility: Cash Management
Navigation: Other > Programs > Run
- Submit General Ledger Reconciliation Report using parameters:
- Report Type = Detail
- Use the same remittance bank and period as the receipt created in Receivables
3. Now reconcile the original receipt in Cash Management
Navigation: Bank Statements > Bank Statements and Reconciliation > Query the statement that includes the original receipt > Click on Lines
- Put your cursor on the line to be reconciled.
- Click on available
- Check the checkbox for the receipt to be reconciled.
- Click on Reconcile.
Submit General Ledger Reconciliation Report using parameters for report type = Detail and the same remittance bank and period as the receipt created in step 1.
Neither receipt appears in the report. The expectation is that the reveresed receipt should appear in the report under UNRECONCILED.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document