Credit Card Authorization Code not Populating in Sales Order when Reprocessing Payment
(Doc ID 1373701.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Payments - Version 12.0.6 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Credit card 'approval code' is not populated in sales order upon successful authorization during second attempt. Initial authorization was declined due to insufficient fund. After reducing the order total new authorization was submitted from Actions--->Payment Processing. Second authorization was successful but the approval code field was not updated with auth code. This field stays blank
Expect that the sales order would be populated with the Authorization Code after successfully authorizing this sales order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps
1. Log into Order Management Super User responsibility.
2. Enter sales order for total of $302 plus (Credit Card limit = $300 for this customer)
3. Book the order > it correctly goes on CC Authorization Failure Hold (Approval Code is blank - OK at this point, since no auth was approved)
4. Now open the order and change the price on the line so that the order total is less than the CC limit - $107.67
5. Actions > Payment Processing > get a message saying:
" Payment of $107.67 has been authorized"
6. Re-query order and see that the Approval Code on the order header 'Others tab' is still null.
It is also still null on the 'Payments' section
7. In Funds Capture Process Manager UI, we can see the payment of $107.67 was authorized, and we can further drill down to see the Approval Code = tyst448 for this order.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document