Approval Went to the Ceo Where in the Ame Rule Set Only One Level Approval
Last updated on JULY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206 version, Workflows and Notifications
The customer has an AME approval rule defined for OLM external Learning which requires that all planned external training events require only one level of approval from the employee's supervisor.
This approval rule is correctly applied for the majority of external training requests however if an employee deletes an existing external training event prior to creating a new training request, the required approval rule is bypassed and approval is required by all people in the employee's supervisor hierarchy.
Investigations have shown that when the external training page is opened the workflow process is started, which contains the attribute AME transaction type with a value of OTA. If an existing external training event is deleted, the value of this attribute is cleared. This appears to cause the required AME approval rule to be bypassed.
The External Learning transaction (OLM) approval rule is set for only one level and it should go for only one level of approval.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Select Learning Managment > External Training
2. Delete existing external training event
3. Add new external training event
4. Submit training request
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, business requirement is malfunctioning, and it goes for more approvals than required and thus delays the process.
Test 1 : Add External Learning Event Correct AME Approval rules applied
External Learning Page with 2 External Training Events
1. Click Add
2. Create External Learning, Enter event details and click continue
3. Correct approvers are shown (One approver). Click Submit to continue
4. Training request is submitted for approval
5. Following approval, training event appears on the employee's list of training events - 3 External Training Events
Test 2 : Add External Learning Event Incorrect AME Approval rules applied
1. Select existing training event and click delete (External Training Event3)
2. Confirm deletion
3. Training event is deleted and control returns to the external learning page. Click Add
4. Enter details of training event and click continue
5. Approvers now include all people on the employee's supervisor hierarchy up to and including the company managing director (5 Approvers). THIS IS WRONG
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms