Line Description Of Prepayment Applied Event Contains A Number Instead Of The Item Description
(Doc ID 1377706.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When both the standard and the prepayment invoices have been matched to a purchase order and accounting is created you can see that Create Accounting for the standard invoice has updated the line description of the PREPAYMENT APPLIED event with number.
It uses the subledger document sequence value instead of the invoice line description.
Patch <11930938:R12.AP.A>> does not resolve the issue.
It is expected to see the invoice line description populated the the line of the PREPAYMENT APPLIED event.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter a purchase order
2. Enter a prepayment invoice and match it to a purchase order
3. Validate, create accounting and pay the prepayment invoice
4. Enter a standard invoice, match it to the purchase order, then match it to the prepayment and validate
5. Create accounting for the standard invoice
6. Query the journals in general ledger (PREPAYMENT APPLIED event)
-> The line description contains number (It uses the subledger document sequence value) instead of the invoice line description.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!