Repair Order Error: 'ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error ORA-01403: no data found' When Sales Order Has Alphanumeric Instance Number
(Doc ID 1379952.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to book the "Ship" line for shipping using "Automate Order Processing Steps Through", the following error occurs:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login in to applications using a suitable responsibility (e.g. Depot Repair Super User).
- Navigate to the Repair Order screen, and create and save a repair order.
- Logistics lines are automatically created in the repair order. One for receiving the customer item, and another one for shipping the repaired item back to customer.
- The "Ship" line for shipping does not show as booked.
- Click on "Automate Order Processing Steps Through"
- Hit the "Book Order" radio button to get the error
This error is only generated when the Instance number of the Installed Base (IB) item has alphanumeric values in it.
When the instance number of the IB item is fully numeric this error does not happen.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document