Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Performance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cannot display Add'l Subjects Taken Details DFF's on Review or Notifications Pages for Qualifications
- Further Subject Details
- Additional Subject Details
Both DFF are in use and displayed on Add Subject Page but receive Error when trying to display on
Review or Notification Page using personalization. This issue occurs ONLY while adding a new Subject. Error does not occur in the review page while Updating a existing subject (Displays the Subject details without any issue in the review page) prior to submit.
Please contact your system administrator.
The exception error message was: java.lang.NullPointerException.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Error only occurs if the review page is personalized for Flex: (HrSubjectFlex____1) and Flex: (HrSubjectInfoFlex____1) to set it render to true for New Subject record - Using 'Add Subject' button.
- There is NO error while updating a existing Subject record with same personalization at the review page.
- Using Core Application we can enter the information without any issues.
- People -> Enter and Maintain -> Assignment -> Qualification
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Added non-required Segments 'Subject Name' and 'Tuition for Course' to 'Add'l Subjects Taken Details' DFF.
- Nav: 'System Administrator' -> Application -> Flexfield -> Descriptive -> Segments
- Query Application: 'Human Resources', Title: 'Add'l Subjects Taken Details'
- Select 'Global Data Elements', Click 'Segments' button.
- Enter details 'Subject Name' and 'Tuition for Course' are the DFF segments.
- Subject Name: Subject-1
- Tuition for Course: Tuition-1
DescriptiveFlexUtil Exception: DescriptiveFlexfield constructor error :The flexfield listener failed while getting the value for segment
Subject Name from column ATTRIBUTE1 of the descriptive flexfield with application short name PER and name PER_SUBJECTS_TAKEN.
Please contact your system administrator. The exception error message was: java.lang.NullPointerException.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms