Updating UDAs In PIM Item Catalog Will Fail When Using A Function-Generated Item Description And A Business Rule
(Doc ID 1382179.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You find that under the following situations, updating user-defined attribute (UDA) values for items in PIM Item Catalog is failing.
a) Item description is function-generated for the related Item Catalog Category. (ICC)
b) An item-level business rule is set on an attribute belonging to an attribute group with at least one attribute being used as a function parameter for the description generation function.
- The problem occurs even if the attribute used in the business rule is not itself a function parameter.
- The problem occurs even if the attribute used in the business rule is not the attribute being updated by the user.
- The problem occurs when updating certain attributes only.
- The problem does not occur when disabling the business rule.
- The problem does not occur when creating items. The problem occurs when updating items only.
Extract from Exception Details:
1. Create an ICC with multiple attribute groups.
2. Create an item page for each attribute group.
3. Create a description generation function that uses attributes from different attribute groups as function parameters.
4. Create a business rule based on an attribute belonging to one of the attribute groups to which the function parameters belong.
5. Create an item for this ICC. Populate the UDAs. Save. See it works fine.
6. Update some of the attributes.
7. See an error page shows up "You have encountered an unexpected error ..."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document