Service Contracts Usage Billing Starting at Zero Rather Than Using Previous Counter Reading
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance 26-Oct-2014
After running Service Contracts Main Billing for a usage line, the billed amount is incorrect. Billing is using a reading of zero for previous counter reading instead of a previously entered reading.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Author a service contract with a usage line and a counter subline.
- the contract starts in February.
2. Enter a counter reading with a reading date prior to the start of the contract e.g. enter a reading in January
3. Enter a counter reading for a subsequent month e.g. March
4. Run Service Contracts Main Billing for March
- find that the billing is done based on the difference between 0 and the counter reading entered in March, the January reading is ignored.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms