Service Contracts Usage Billing Starting at Zero Rather Than Using the Previous Counter Reading
(Doc ID 1383014.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running the Service Contracts Main Billing program for a Usage line, the billed amount is incorrect. Billing is using a reading of zero for the previous counter reading instead of a previously entered reading.
1. Author a service contract with a usage line and a counter subline.
- the contract starts in February.
2. Enter a counter reading with a reading date prior to the start of the contract e.g. enter a reading in January
3. Enter a counter reading for a subsequent month e.g. March
4. Run Service Contracts Main Billing for March
- find that the billing is done based on the difference between 0 and the counter reading entered in March, the January reading is ignored.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document