Geography Address Validation Set To Error But Invalid Address Can Be Saved
(Doc ID 1384429.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Trading Community - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In R12.1.3, 'Geography Validation Level for Country' has been set to ERROR for State, County and City in Trading Community Manager Responsibility for both Geography and Tax Validation.
However, after County value is removed from the customer address, the system still allows user to save the address (which did not have the County) despite the error. Then when the users re-query the same address, the County field still populated with the old value.
Even though the County value is not actually removed and is still there when users re-query the same address, the fact that it allows the change to be saved successfully despite the error is very misleading.
Per the Trading Community Architecture Administration Guides (page 11-11), if 'Geography Validation Level for Country' is set to ERROR, only completely valid addressed can be saved with all mandatory address element entered.
Steps to reproduce:
- Responsibility: Trading Community Manager, N: Administration : Geography Hierarchy
Navigation: Administration > Geography Hierarchy
- Query for Country Code "US"
- Click on the Manage Validations icon.
- Check the 'Geography Validation' check box for State, County and City
- Set 'Geography Validation Level for Country' to ERROR.
- Click Apply.
- Remove the County from a customer address
Responsibility: Trading Community Manager
Navigation: Customers > Standard
- Query for customer "CustomerA"
- Click on Account Details icon.
- Select an address and click on the Details icon.
- Under Account Site Address region, remove the value "Riverside" in the County field and click Save.
- This error is received:
ErrorThese address elements are not validated: COUNTY. Correct the invalid elements, or continue and save the invalid address.
- Click Apply anyway.
- Receive confirmation saying: Your changes have been saved
- Re query the same customer address. The County value Riverside is still there.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document