Receiving Forms Allow Incorrect Lot Serial Combination To Be Transacted
(Doc ID 1384505.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:RCVRCERC.FMB - Enter Receipts GUI
Form:RCVTXERT.FMB - Enter Receiving Transactions GUI
Invalid Lot/Serial combination can be transacted for a Return Material Authorizations (RMA) Receipts.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. From the Purchasing responsibility>Setup (Receiving Options form):
Select the checkbox for Validate Serial Numbers on RMA Receipts
Validate Lots on RMA Receipts = Restricted
2. Perform a Miscellaneous Transactions/Miscellaneous Receipts for Item which is both Lot and Serial Controlled. Lot/Serial Combinations as follows:
3. Perform Issue transactions for above Lots/Serials
4. Create one RMA Line and specify these Lots/Serials (Return / Lot Serial
5. Book the RMA
6. Query for the RMA on the Expected Receipts form
7. Click on the Lot-Serial button
8. Enter Lot1
9. Click on the Serial button
10. Click on the Serial List of Values: all four Serials from above will be listed (but only Serial11 and Serial12 should be listed)
11. Save the transaction
This causes a data discrepancy because the wrong Lot/Serial combinations are transacted into Inventory.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document