R12 Initiate Procure Action Updating PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL.Item_description With Wrong Value
(Doc ID 1390004.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Project Contracts - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Project Contracts, initiate procure was updating the item description column value without considering the flag allow_item_desc_update_flag from mtl_system_items table. When attempting to run requisition import, the following error occurs.
PROCESS_MESSAGE "Item description problem Cause: The item description that you entered does not match the description of the item and update of the item description is not allowed for the item. Action:Enter the correct item description."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create Deliverable
2) Enter Description in General tab
3) Enter Item
4) Click 'Apply and Create Actions' button - Enter details
5) Check 'Ready to Procure' - Save
6) Click 'Initiate Procure' button
7) PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL file is populated with Description entered in General tab, rather than Description from Master Item.
8) This causes Requisition Import to fail
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document