Create Supply Req/Order Using Reorder Point Planning For Make/Buy/Internally Sourced Items
Last updated on MAY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 04-SEP-2014***
As per the setup defined in <Note 216046.1>, you could autocreate requisition for a buy item.
But you could not do so for a make item.
When you ran Reorder Point Report for a Make item with Restock = Yes, a record was created in WIP Interface table.
But, it was not converted into a discrete job when you ran the request 'Import Jobs and Schedules' (i.e. WIP Mass Load).
The request log showed following message:
- You must specify a class or define a default discrete class.
- The class must exist and be enabled in this organization.
- The class must have the correct class type for this job.
The default discrete class is not maintained. There is a class named NonStd which is of type 'Asset Non-standard'. However, if you set this as default discrete class, as per the condition 3 above a discrete job will not be created because the job type shown in the request log is 'Standard' (for the item for which you want to do Reorder Point Planning).
You have not maintained any BOM and Routing for this item.
What you want to know is:
- is there any standard way in Oracle by which you can create a non-standard WIP job using Reorder Point Planning ?
- if answer to the above question is yes, is it possible to create discrete job for a 'Buy' item if you assign a 'make' sourcing rule to 'Planning' category of the item in the default assignment set ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms