R12 OIE : Accounting String For PA Expenses Not Updated When 'Expense Type' Is Changed During Audit
(Doc ID 1397183.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 17, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CCID (Code Combination ID)
When an Auditor changes the expense type on a Project related expense line for an expense report, the Accounting segments are not updated by Project Accounting's (PA) Account Generator (AG) to reflect the new expense type. Instead, the original account segment values are retained and then subsequently imported into Payables.
Steps to recreate
1) Create a project related expense report by entering an expense type then project, task and expenditure organization data in the OIE product.
2) Submit the report for approval
3) Manager approval is given
4) Auditor then audits the report. They verify the expense types and the accounting segments, for example, for expense type "Taxi,Bus" the Accounting values are:
12.12.12121.0012.1212.121-12121 Project: 12-1212121 Task: 1 Project Expenditure Organization: 012 Marketing Administration
The Cost Element (segment5) in GL string is 1212 for 'Taxi, Bus' expense types
5) When the Auditor changes the expense type from 'Taxi, Bus' to 'Tolls' the accounting values do not change. The Cost Element (segment5) in GL string is still 1212 which is the value for 'Taxi,Bus'. The expense type 'Tolls' does not use this value yet the segment value was not updated.
Note that if Project Accounting data is not present, when the expense type is changed the accounting segment values are, however, recalculated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!