Last updated on JUNE 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This datafix has been approved by development for customer consumption 06/Feb/2012.
IMPORTANT: The information contained in this document may contain omissions, inaccuracies or other errors. It is provided "as is" and without warranty. Oracle does not warrant that the information in the materials is up to date or error free, nor does it provide any other warranties, whether expressed or implied in law, including the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The materials are not a program or documentation under the terms of your license agreement(s) with Oracle.
In no event shall Oracle be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or damages for loss of profits, revenue, data or use, incurred by you or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort, arising from your access to, or use of, this information.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Oracle Support before running the script.
When attempting to Complete a Work Order in EAM, while entering the Meter reading the below error occurs even though the Meter reading value is entered in ascending order.
This is happening only for Meters migrated from 126.96.36.199 instance. For new Meters defined in R12.1.3 no issues exist.
"Invalid Reading entered for Meter &CTR_NAME which has an Ascending Direction."
Error Text = Invalid Reading entered for &MODE &CTR_NAME which has &DIRECTION Direction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Meter Definition: Create a Meter in 11i Instance
2. Schedule Definition: Create Schedule Definition in 11i Instance
3. Last Meter Reading History: Last Meter Reading entered in 11i
4. Forecast the PM schedule in Maintenance Workbench and created the Work Order in R12 Instance
5. Getting an error on Meter Reading while completing the Work Order in R12 instance
6. Even though the Meter reading value is entered in ascending order we are getting the error i.e. "Invalid reading entered for Meter BC20622-3-ME-01 which has an ascending direction".
7. Getting the same error "Invalid reading entered for Meter BC20622-3-ME-01 which has an ascending direction" even if we enter the Meter Reading directly from Asset Numbers page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms