Discrepancy In The Sales Order Information On The Parent And Child Instances
(Doc ID 1403116.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Parent and Child are sold to a Customer and subsequently, the Parent is brought back to Inventory through an RMA. When it is issued back out to the same Customer (through WIP and CSISOSHP), the Parent reflects the new Sales Order Number in Installed Base, but the Child does not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a standard WIP Job for the Parent Item (Serialized).
2. Issue the Child Item as a component on the WIP Job (Non-Serialized).
3. Complete the WIP Job.
4. Ship the Parent Item on a Sales Order.
5. Check for the Sales Order Number on the General Page in IB for the Parent and Child. Note that they both reflect the Sales Order Number just completed.
6. Create an RMA Order and receive the Parent Item only.
7. Create a Non-Standard WIP Job for the Parent Item.
8. Issue the Parent Item on the WIP Job.
9. Ship it on a new Sales Order to the same customer.
10. Check the Sales Order Number on the General Page in IB for the Parent and Child. Note that the Parent reflects the new Sales Order Number, but the Child still references the original Sales Order.Number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document