Attempt to Post Revaluation Batch: Cumulative Translation Adjustment (CTA) Account not Tracked by Secondary Tracking Segment in the Reporting Currency Ledger
(Doc ID 1411927.1)
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Executable:GLCRVL - Program - Revalue Balances
Executable:GLPPOS - Posting
In the Key Accounting Flexfield, the same segment is defined as the 'Cost Center' and the 'Secondary Tracking Segment'.
When Post a Revaluation journal batch the Cumulative Translation Adjustment (CTA) Account is not Tracked By Secondary Tracking Segment in the Reporting Currency Ledger
Steps to reproduce
1. navigate to the 'Accounting Setup Manager' window
2. create a Primary Ledger
3. enable 'Secondary Tracking Segment'
4. set the 'Cumulative Translation Adjustment Account'
5. create a Reporting Currency Ledger
6. perform the daily business actions, eg enter batches, post batches, etc
7. run the Revaluation in the Primary Ledger
8. post the Revaluation Batch: a revaluation Batch is created in the Reporting Currency Ledger
9. review the batch created in the Reporting Currency Ledger:
10. In the Journal lines added to balance the journal and using the account set as "Cumulative Translation Adjustment Account", it can be seen that the 'Secondary Tracking Segment' was not used
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!