How To Create Repair Job In Batch?
(Doc ID 1415249.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Currently, Depot application does not provide a tool to create repair jobs in bulk. For high-volume service businesses or those that receive many items for service in a single batch, it is time consuming and inefficient to create a job for each repair order individually.
In the current system, a user has multiple methods for creating jobs. A user can:
- Create a job based on an estimate on the Depot Workbench Estimates tab;
- Create jobs based on service codes, BOMs and Routes on the Depot Workbench Jobs tab;
- Create jobs based on service codes from the Technician Portal Evaluation tab.
Each of these methods only allows a user to create jobs for one repair order at a time.
Additionally, a user can create jobs against multiple repair orders using the Mass Create Repair Order form. However, each job created using this form is linked communally to each repair order in the selection set rather than created separate jobs for each repair order.
Many businesses have requested the ability to create a batch of individual jobs for a selected set of repair orders using the same parameters (inventory org, accounting class, start date, routing, etc) for each job.
The Depot application has been enhanced to support this capability. The user is able to query and select a desired set of repair orders and create a unique job for each repair order based on the same set of parameters.
Additional functional requirements include:
(1) the ability to specifically query repair orders not yet linked to jobs,
(2) the ability to specify job type, job priority, required date and routing for each job,
(3) the ability to view the job name(s) linked to each job, and
(4) the ability to prevent users from accidentally creating more than one job for the same repair order.
The immediate benefits from this requirement include increased speed of processing and decreased amount of time users need to spend entering data in the system. This should result in decreased labor costs and improved customers satisfaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document