Missing Wip Period Balance record Root Cause
(Doc ID 1416026.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transactions are erroring due to missing WIP_PERIOD_BALANCES entries when a work order is created in a prior period and put on-hold status and released in the next period.
Labor entries in the wip_cost_txn_interface table show error message:
Record not found in WIP_PERIOD_BALANCE
Able to reproduce the problem if they change the WO from un-released to released. Happens only for On-Hold or User Defined Status "Trouble Log" which is the equivalent of on-hold.
To reproduce the issue, follow the steps below
1. Create WO in prior period. Place in On-Hold Status.
2. Open new Inventory Period
3. Change Status of WO from On-Hold to Released.
4. charge labor to work order.
5. Work order errors in Costing due to missing WIP_PERIOD_BALANCES entry
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document