Pick Release Process Could Not Allocate 1 Of Item xxxxx
(Doc ID 1424635.1)
Last updated on JULY 18, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In 12.1.3. in PROD:
When performing pick release process, Pick Selection List Generation completes in warning.
The following is visible in the log file.
The issue is NOT specific to this one item, but is happening for other items too.
-- Error --
Pick Release process could not allocate 1 of item 06.301.0172.2417.0000.2417. for order 13491 as there was insufficient quantity available Or Inventory allocations have failed, and the line has been back ordered.
-- What Changed --
The issue ONLY occurs for items from a subinventory changed from ‘ATP Inactive’ status (Status Id 20) to ‘ATP Active’ (Status Id is 1), Status Id on mtl_onhand_quantities table remains 20.
The issue began in R12. Started using R12.
-- Onhand Status Concern --
- If you transfer the item from the subinventory with ‘ATP Inactive’ status (Status Id is 20) to the subinventory with ‘ATP Active’(Status Id is 1), Status Id on mtl_onhand_quantities table remains 20.
You expect it to be changed to 1 so it can be picked by Pick Release program.
- If you transfer one of the items from the subinventory with ‘ATP Active’(Status Id is 1) to ‘ATP Inactive’(Status Id is 20), Status_Id on mtl_onhand_quantities table remains 1. And this item can be picked by Pick Release program which should not be picked because ‘ATP Inactive’ status does not allow reservation.
* In summary, your items can be picked when they should not and cannot be picked when they should be.
-- What tried --
- Turned off the Personalization.
- There are no Forms Customizations.
- Disabled any custom Triggers that might effect the tables involved.
- Set Custom Code to Off.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document