User Defined Regular Salary With Proration Errors 'Cannot Reduce Earnings/Hours for this Employee'
(Doc ID 1430612.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An employee on a bi-weekly payroll cycle has a mid period salary change. The employee records sick time (which is defined as reduce regular) for the whole period.
The user defined Regular Salary element errors the run because the reduce regular amount is not prorated per element entry.
Salary for the 1st week is $2,000 (prorated) and for the 2nd week is $3,000 (prorated) Reduce regular for the two weeks is 5,000. The employee changes salary exactly mid period. The whole reduce regular amount is being passed to both salary entries; i.e. it is not being prorated. Hence the salary formula thinks there is not enough salary to reduce.
APP-PAY-51118: Error was encountered when processing assignment #####
APP-PAY-51119: Error was encountered when processing Element Type [element name]
Cannot Reduce Earnings/Hours for this Employee
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 'Earnings' from template Earnings form with Classification 'Earnings' and Category of 'Regular'.
2. Go to Element Description. Attach proration group which includes changes in element entries and assignment status
3. Associate this element with a salary basis.
4. Create 'Reduce Regular' element using the Earnings template form with Classification of 'Earnings' and Category of 'Regular Non-Worked'. Check the 'Reduce Regular' check box. Save.
5. Create the payroll scenario as describe earlier and run payroll
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document