Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2015
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note provides a brief overview of
When using US State tax update API PAY_STATE_TAX_RULE_API.update_state_tax_rule to update 'additional tax amount' with a negative amount, it errors with message
Although when using the application (form PAYUSEET.fmx Form Version : 220.127.116.1110000.9) to update State Income Tax (SIT) additional tax amount with a negative amount from the application (Navigation: Assignment->Tax Info -> State tax screen), it saves the change successfully.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create an Employee in People screen
- Define primary assignment with all necessary required information in the Employee Assignment screen.
- Click on 'Tax Info' in the Assignment screen
- Click on 'State Tax' button to enter the state tax details - enter a -ve values for the field "Additional Tax amount", and all other necessary required information for state tax, then click on Save.
- Transaction will be saved to database without any error.
- For the same assignment (created in step2), and the State Tax (created in the step4), try to update the negative additional tax using wrapper code below. API fails with error message, "Additional tax amount should be greater or equal to zero"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms