Unexpected Error Was Shown In Item Master Screen: The maximum value size for segment XXX is 2. Truncating value 1234|ITEM NUMBER to 12.
(Doc ID 1456504.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2018
Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Item Issues
When attempting to save the record in item master screen, the following error occurs.
The maximum value size for segment XXX is 2. Truncating value 1234|ITEM NUMBER to 12.
- The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Inventory > Items > Master Items menu
- Enter Item Number (e.g. 1234|TEST ITEM"), Description, change the UOM if necessary
- Click Tools > Copy From...
- Select any template from the list (e.g. "INVENTORY ITEM W/O CONTROL") and click "Done" button
- Save the change
- Click "Organization Assignment" icon on the left hand side (The 3rd icon)
- Select Inventory Org (e.g. K00 or K01) and check the Assigned checkbox
- Click "Folder" icon on the left hand side (The 1st icon)
- Click next item line to add new item
- Error message "The maximum value size for segment XXX is 2. Truncating value 1234|ITEM NUMBER to 12" was displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|