Responsibility Context Once Selected Cannot Be Changed On A Requisition Approval Notification
(Doc ID 1462402.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iProcurement, Release 12.1.3, an error occurs when attempting to edit a requisition from the notification which has been opened from the Oracle Applications Worklist or from the email notification.
You do not have enough privilege to access this requisition.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in a Vision Demo environment:
1. Logged in as user CHORTON.
2. Using responsibility iProcurement (tied to operating unit Vision Operations), created Requisition 14402 which is submitted to CBROWN for approval.
3. Using responsibility iProcurement Vision UK (tied to operating unit Vision Industries), created Requisition 10405 which is also submitted to CBROWN for approval.
4. Logged in as user CBROWN.
5. In the Worklist from the Oracle Applications Home Page, clicked on the link "Purchase Requisition 14402 for Horton, Connor (208,950.00 USD)".
6. On the Notification Details page for Requisition 14402, clicked the Edit Requisition link.
7. On the Oracle iProcurement: Checkout page, clicked the Close Approver Cart button.
8. Back on the Notification Details page for Requisition 14402, clicked the Return to Worklist link. The user has now left the iProcurement application and is now back on the main Oracle Applications Home page, where the list of responsibilities and the Worklist can be seen.
9. Back in the Worklist from the Oracle Applications Home Page, clicked on the link "Purchase Requisition 10405 for Horton, Connor (299,000.00 GBP)".
10. On the Notification Details page for Requisition 10405, clicked the Edit Requisition link --> the error occurs at this point.
The same issue also occurs when the Edit Requisition links are clicked from the notification emails.
Due to this issue, users cannot edit the requisitions directly from the notification worklist displayed from the main Oracle Applications Home Page.
As a workaround, users can go into iProcurement, using the iProcurement responsibility for the operating unit that the notification belongs to. Then, from the main shopping page, click on the notification at the bottom (in the Notifications section) and the notification can be successfully viewed from there. However, users may not intuitively know which operating unit the notification/requisition belongs to, from the link provided.
Also, the notifications can also be viewed from the Approvals tab within iProcurement.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document