Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Internet Procurement Connector - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iProcurement, Release 12.1.3, when returning from the supplier punchout site, the trademark symbol (that is part of the item name) appears in iProcurement as an upside-down question mark. This results in XML warning messages after the requisition has been AutoCreated into a purchase order and the PO has been communicated via XML.
It is expected that the trademark character from the supplier punchout site be returned also as a trademark character.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In iProcurement, perform a punchout to supplier Staples.
2. In the punchout session, add an item to cart that contains a trademark symbol
Example: 3M Post-it® Glass/Cork Pop-Up Note Dispenser with Notes, 3" x 3"
3. After submitting the order on the Staples site, the item returns back to Oracle iProcurement on a requisition. The trademark symbol appears in Oracle as an upside-down question mark.
4. Approve the requisition 30033 in Oracle. A purchase order is then automatically created from the requisition (PO 3000038).
5. Check in Workflow Transaction Monitor for status of XML Generation. It shows a status of Warning. The details are:
Document ID = 300038:0:87
Internal Transaction Type = PO
Internal Transaction Subtype = PRO
Generation Status = Warning
Generation Message = ORA-31011: XML parsing failed ORA-19202: Error occurred in XML processing LPX-00216: invalid character 174 (0xAE) Error at line 111
Module Name = ecx.plsql.OAG.out.PO.PRO.300037:0:87.581.log
Due to this issue, there are problems with the PO XML transmission for items that have a trademark symbol in the item name.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms