Special Characters In iProcurement XML - Trademark Symbol From Punchout Site Displays As Upside-Down Question Mark
(Doc ID 1463323.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Internet Procurement Connector - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iProcurement, Release 12.1.3, when returning from the supplier punchout site, the trademark symbol ® (that is part of the item name) appears in iProcurement as an upside-down question mark. This results in XML warning messages after the requisition has been AutoCreated into a purchase order and the PO has been communicated via XML.
It is expected that the trademark character from the supplier punchout site be returned also as a trademark character.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In iProcurement, perform a punchout to supplier
2. In the punchout session, add an item to cart that contains a trademark symbol
3. After submitting the order on the supplier site, the item returns back to Oracle iProcurement on a requisition. The trademark symbol appears in Oracle as an upside-down question mark.
4. Approve the Requisition in Oracle. A purchase order is then automatically created from the requisition (PO ######).
5. Check in Workflow Transaction Monitor for status of XML Generation. It shows a status of Warning. The details are:
Document ID = ######
Internal Transaction Type = PO
Internal Transaction Subtype = PRO
Generation Status = Warning
Generation Message = ORA-31011: XML parsing failed ORA-19202: Error occurred in XML processing LPX-00216: invalid character 174 (0xAE) Error at line 111
Module Name = ecx.plsql.OAG.out.PO.PRO.#####:0:87.581.log
Due to this issue, there are problems with the PO XML transmission for items that have a trademark symbol in the item name.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document