UPK: Knowledge Center and Single Sign On (SSO) Information
(Doc ID 1464977.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2021
Applies to:User Productivity Kit - Version 11.0.0 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multiple questions regarding Knowledge Center and SSO configuration:
1) When switching to SSO, should the authentication for the virtual directories remain as Anonymous (Enabled), and ASP.NET Impersonation and Forms Authentication (Disabled)?
2) The first bullet point in the Installation guide indicates the "Admin user must be an SSO User" refers to the first account created within Knowledge center that is created during the installation of Knowledge Center. Is this the account with KPUSER.USER_ID = 1.
3) Of the four HTTP Headers listed (username, firstname, lastname, and email), which are required, or are they all required?
4) Can you provide more information on what the actual strings for the HTTP Headers in the manual represent? For example does "HTTP_HTTP_USERNAME" pick up "HTTP_HTTP_USERNAME" from the header in the request or does it pick up "HTTP_USERNAME"? Is the label for the header case sensitive?
5) Per the documentation, KPath in bullet 2 and 3 refers to the Knowledge Center path and not some other virtual directory path, correct? Is there only one web.config and one customheaders.xml file that needs to be modified and are they in KPath and KPath/bin respectively, correct?
6) Will SSO work when not using SSL?
7) When using SSO are Knowledge Center workgroups supported?
8) Within Knowledge Center, can we turn off the feature that when configured with SSO an account automatically gets created if the USER has been authenticated by the SSO server and navigates to the appropriate Knowledge Center address?
9) What SSO providers are supported?
10) How does Knowledge Center work with Oracle Access Manager (OAM) and SSO?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document