WIPDJNBD - Outside Processing (OSP) OSP WIP Job Or Work Order Start Date Or Completion Date Is Not Synchronized With The Purchase Order (PO) Need-by Date
(Doc ID 1468125.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Outside Processing
When a OSP WIP Discrete job has schedule change (work order start date or completion date) and the request ‘Discrete Update OSP Need-by Dates’ is run, the PO need-by dates associated with the job are not changed. If you revert the dates back to the original dates and run the request ‘Discrete Update OSP Need-by Dates’, the dates are not altered.
As stated the problem is about propagating the dates from Discrete job to Need by date field on the PO. Any changes made to the work order start date or completion date, the expectation is to have the dates flow back on to the purchase order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create OSP job - one operation is OSP, WIP parameters is
at Job/Schedule Release
2. Release job - PR is created in approved status and PO is created
3. PO need by date is 27-FEB-2012
4. Changed WIP Job start date from 01-Mar-2012 to 12-Mar-2012
5. Ran the request ‘Discrete Update OSP Need-by Dates’ with the
parameters by Choosing from 0 to 90 for parameters
6. ‘Discrete Update OSP Need-by Dates’ request spawns a
child request ‘PO Output for Communication’ and both the requests
completed successfully.The Need by dates on the PO are changed
7. Changed the dates back to the original dates on the work order
8. Re ran the request ‘Discrete Update OSP Need-by Dates’, it did not spawn the child request ‘PO Output for Communication’.
9. PO the Need by date did not change.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document