Approving Invited Supplier User Gets Message: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: Numeric or Value Error: Character String Buffer Too Small
(Doc ID 1468684.1)
Last updated on MARCH 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to approve invited supplier user and also when submitting manual registration
the following error occurs.
Notify Invited User of Approval #MAIL WF_ERROR
[WF_ERROR] ERROR_MESSAGE=3835: Error '-6502 - ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small' encounte
red during execution of Generate function 'WF_XML.Generate' for event 'oracle.apps.wf.notification.send'. ERROR_STACK=
Wf_Event.setMessage(oracle.apps.wf.notification.send, 9930869, WF_XML.Generate)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Invite supplier user through Supplier User Administration responsibility
2. Enter Supplier Name, Mail Address Submits
3. Supplier gets Invite notifscationand enters his name and contact details Submits
4. Approve Supplier Registration. Error is shown.
Registration: through Supplier User Administration responsibility
1. Register a Supplier User --> Enter Information. Error is shown.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document