Status Of Replacement Component Does Not Change After Shipment
(Doc ID 1469292.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Status of component item shipped to customer under 'Advance Exchange' does not change to replacement BUT when a item which is not part of BOM configuration is shipped to customer under 'Advance exchange' process, then status changes correctly to 'Replacement'
Expect the status of new serial component shipped to customer has status as 'Replacement' after shipment.
1. Create 'Advance Exchange' repair order for a serial number which is a component of BOM configuration of another item.
2. Ship a replacement serial number
3. Receive original component serial number back
4. Notice that status for original serial number changes to 'Exchanged' but status of new serial number shipped to customer does not change to 'Replacement'
5. Create 'Advance Exchange' repair order for the parent
6. Process repair order. Notice that statuses for both serial number are updated correctly to 'Exchanged' and 'Replacement' respectively. So the issue seems to happen only when components are replaced.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|This document is being delivered to you via Oracle Support's Rapid Visibility (RaV) process and therefore has not been subject to an independent technical review.|