Issue With Single Incumbent Position: 2 Employees Can Be Assgined
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note provides a brief overview of
Application is allowing to change the position type to 'Single Incumbent' even though the position has been associated to 2 employees or more in future.
On release 11i: patch 13519283 fixes partially this issue but not entirely
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Scenario Release 11i
1. login with the HRMS Manager Responsibility
2. Navigate to People > enter and maintain
3. Create an employee and assign him the position P1.
4. Create another employee with future assignment and assign him the same position P1
5. Update the position P1 to change to single incumbent.
6. Save record with no error at all
Scenario Release 12
1. Login with Manager Self-Service Responsibility
2. Applicant Hire
3. Enter Details and click on hire button
4. Enter hire details, assigment details using a Position already assigned
5. Submit for approval.
6. the application does not throw any error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms