Synchronize Employees Is Not Assigning Roles Correctly Based On Job-role Mappings
Last updated on APRIL 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Common Applications - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 25-APR-2016***
On : 12.1.1 version, Resources Module (JRES)
When more than one role is mapped to a job in CRM Resource Manager and one of the roles is of the Role Type of 'Sales Compensation', the Sales Compensation role is not being assigned to the resource by the Synchronize Employees concurrent request, first time as the Sales rep is still not created, which is expected.
But when create the Sales rep and run again the Synchronize Employees program, the Sales Compensation role is still not imported to the resource, as got an error in the program log, where it should be imported and assigned next time Synchronize Employees is run after the Salesperson Number and Sales Credit Type is added to the resource manually .
The new Job Title of the Employee <employee name> is <xxxxx>. There was an Error while terminating the Resource Role <xxxx>, that is mapped to the previous Job Title of this Employee. Therefore, the Resource was not synchronized with the Employee Details.
The Start Date and End Date range is invalid
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Map a job to two different roles in CRM Resource Manager. Ensure one role is of the Role Type 'Sales Compensation'a and ensure the second role is not.
2) Create a new employee and assign him the job that was mapped to the two roles in step 1.
3) Run Synchronize Employees with the parameters
Overwrite Resource Name: FULL_NAME
Get New Employees: Yes
Create Salesperson: No
Check Job-Role Mapping: Yes
4) Open the resource record and verify that the non-Sales Compensation role is assigned to the resource successfully, and the Sales Compensation role is not assigned as there is no Sales rep is created.
5) Create the the Salesperson by adding the Number and Sales Credit Type to the Resource.
5) Run Synchronize Employees with the above mentioned parameters.
6) Open the resource record and you will see that the Sales Compensation role is still not assigned to the resource.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, Sales Compensation Roles are not being assigned by Synchronize Employees concurrent request for a large portion of our Salesreps.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms