Cascade Effective Date Updates Billing Streams With Incorrect End Date
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 220.127.116.11 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Service Contracts, when the contract dates are changed without changing the contract duration, using 'Cascade Attributes' to cascade the contract date changes from header to lines corrupts the billing schedule. The end date of the billing streams is not correctly updated.
The billing streams should be updated based on the original billing streams duration. End date should be adjusted to match the new end date for the line.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to (R) Service Contracts Manager (N) Contract Administration>Launchpad
2. Open an existing service contract with a future start date and open for update.
3. Update the contract header effective dates but with same duration, e.g change the start/end date by 15 days
4. Cascade the date changes from header to lines and lines to sublines and Save.
5. View billing streams for line.
- a new sequence number with "block" duration for new period is created
- the existing billing stream remains with original end date which is past the new end date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms