Email Address Not Showing In The LOV For Adding Contact While Updating Item Instance Details
(Doc ID 1474407.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Support Codes
Email address not showing in the Search Results for Party Name field in "Search and Select Party Name" page, when adding a contact while updating item instance details
When we open an item instance to update it, navigate to the associations tab, select the Add Contact button, we are facing the issue that when we choose the party name LOV to choose the contact, it displays the Email column, but does not display the email for the contact in this column.
This can be observed while doing mass update transfer owner as well, in the add contact screen there as well.
Expecting that when results are displayed in the search screen, it will also display the email addresses of the contacts displayed
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Oracle Installed Base Agent User, query for item instance belonging to party for which contact has an email address defined
2. Open item instance for update. Navigate to Associations tab
3. Click the Add contact button
4. Click on the search button for Party Name and search. All contacts for the party are displayed, but in the email field displayed, there is no email displayed although the contact has an email address defined
1, Oracle Installed Base Agent User> Mass Update
2. Create batch for transfer owner. Enter current owner name and number, add item instances
3. Enter new owner party and account details
4. Add a new association. Choose the association and click the Add contact button. The same screen appears where if you search for the contact party name LOV, there is an email field, but does not display the email address for the contact although there is one defined
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, when they update the contact details, they usually do not have the name of the contact but they haev the email address. They need to be able to search for the email address in order to choose the correct contact while updating the contact details. This is a very common daily transaction and they need to be able to do this with ease
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document