PI Can’t Save Dynamic Tags 4 Serialized Item + Tag Not Posted To Adjustment Table
(Doc ID 1475848.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.0.6 version, Physical Counting
You are finding tags that have an adjustment_id in the mtl_physical_inventory_tags table but there is no corresponding adjustment_id in the mtl_physical_adjustments table.
Data should be aligned.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create new Physical Inventory (2011 TEST) with Specific Subinventories and Allow Dynamic Tags checked
- Generate 100 Tags (Tag Type = Blank, Show Serial on tags = unchecked, starting tag = F0001)
- Void tags F0001 through F0007 and save
- Requery inventory 2011 TEST
- Query tags F0001 though F0007
- Click Unvoid All – do not save
- Enter information for tags F0001 through F0006 and save
- Get message “item must be specified” for tag F0007
- Clear record and save
- Quantity of tag F0006 is gone; reenter the qty and save
- Quantity of tag F0001 is gone; reenter the qty and save
- Continue above until all tags are saved and no more quantities are deleted
- Run the following SQL for checking existence of tags F0001 through F0006 in adjustments table:
SELECT msi.segment1, pa.adjustment_id
FROM mtl_physical_inventory_tags pit
WHERE pit.organization_id = 203
AND pit.physical_inventory_id = 16643
AND pit.inventory_item_id = msi.inventory_item_id
AND pit.organization_id = msi.organization_id
AND pit.adjustment_id = pa.adjustment_id (+)
AND pit.physical_inventory_id = pa.physical_inventory_id (+)
Results of SQL could be something like that:
- The first two items in the table above had on hands in the physical subinventory, hence the adjustment. Items that did not have counts in the physical subinventory did not have adjustments
The issue has the following business impact:
Because adjustments are not being consistently posted in the adjustment table, the on hands are not accurate after the physical inventory adjustments are processed. Failure of dynamic tags for serialized items is causing additional manual tag entry using blank tags that were generated for other purposes
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document