Install Base: Warranties Are Not Created For Title Transfer Transactions
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Install Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Support Codes
Product is shipped to a customer but stays owned by the Internal Party [warranty is not created as the IB owner is still Internal - expected standard functionality.] Later customer decides to purchase the product, to change the IB owner to external party an RMA Receipt (Return for Repair) is processed then a new sales order is used to ship the product to the customer. Ownership of the instance is changing to the customer but the expected warranty is not getting created.
Expect warranty to be created
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a sales order and ship the Item to customer with IB owner as internal party.
2. Now warranty is not created as the item still belongs to Internal party, this is expected functionality.
3. Later customer decides to purchase the product.
4. Here we perform RMA and ship the sales order to customer (Title transfer).
5. Warranty should be created as the Install Base Owner changes to external party but it is not happening.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms