Adding Existing Contact As Emergency And Primary Contact Does Not Validate Unil The Final Approval
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168 version, BasicDet,Address,Phone,Contact
Adding existing contact as Emergency and Primary contact does not validate until final approval.
Employee Self Service : A person can have only one primary contact, which is validated correctly when adding a new emergency contact, but not validated if an existing contact is selected to add as Emergency contact until final approval.
Steps to Reproduce:
Employee Self Service.
Choose an employee with an emergency + primary contact and also having few other contacts ( not emergency and not primary).
For employees with Emergency & Primary contact already exists, if add an emergency+primary contact as follows, system shows different behavior .
1) Under Emergency Contacts section, click Add.
- In the page where existing contacts are shown, do not select any one but click next.
- Add a totally new emergency contact, set Primary flag and click Next. System shows following message that is expected and correct validation
- ORA-20001: This employee already has a primary contact. Cause: You are trying to enter more than one primary contact for an employee. Action: Uncheck the Primary Contact check box and save your contact information. ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_UTILITY", line 939 ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_PROCESS_CONTACT_SS", line 9120 ORA-06512: at line 1
2) Now, Cancel previous transaction.
- Navigate : Personal Information -> Emergency contacts -> Add
- SELECT an existing contact in the second screen and click next.
- In the details page check Primary Contact box and click Next. Review page shows fine and shows change to Emergency Relationship from no value to Yes ; and Primary Contact value from No to Yes.
- There was no validation and error error. Primary contact validation did not fire like it did for case 1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms