How Non or Late Payment and COBRA Eligible Flag Works
(Doc ID 1478786.1)
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a person is found ineligible and de-enrolled from COBRA due to nonpayment - the eligibility through date on the QB record is not getting updated.
- COBRA Elig Start Date - 5/1/2012
- COBRA Elig End Date - 10/31/2013
Non or late payment should cause the person to be come ineligible for COBRA and therefore end their enrollment period. If they have never made a payment - then they never participated so the eligible flag should be unchecked.
Employee does not make any payment. After the grace period (60+45) temporal runs and triggers the non or late payment on 5/1/2012.
Upon processing the non or late payment event, notice that
1) the cobra qb flag gets unchecked (as expected)
2) A new row for the non or late payment gets created in the life event section and the prior end date gets populated as 10/31/2013
3) The COBRA elig start and end date remains the same though - i.e. Start date = 5/1/2012 and end date = 10/31/2013. (issue).
Expected Result: End date to be 5/1/2012 as the employee never made any payment.
Should it get updated or remain the original 18/24 month period.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document