QP Security Not Working At Operating Unit Level
Last updated on JUNE 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Pricing Object Security
The requirement is to restrict access to Price List by OUs. To achieve this the following steps were executed:
1) Enabled QP Security Profile by running Security Control Program with "ON" Parameter from the Oracle Pricing Admin responsibility.
2) Once the QP Security Profile is set to ON, changed the following profile options at site level to "Operating Unit"
QP: Security Default Maintain Privilege and
QP: Security Default ViewOnly Privilege
3) The MO: Security Profile and HR Security Profile both are set at the Responsibility level to allow access to US OU. The resp name is Oracle Pricing Manager.
MO: Default Operating Unit and
MO: Operating Unit both are set to US OU.
4) Created a price list
-under Oracle Pricing Manager by unchecking the Global Check Box and Selecting US OU to create a price list. Record saved. Requery returns results.
5) Went back to Sysadmin and changed the following profile option at RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL for Oracle Pricing Manager. The new security profile does not have US OU.
MO: Security Profile
HR: Security Profile
MO: Default Operating Unit: Mexico
MO: Operating Unit : Mexico
6) Went back to Oracle Pricing Manager. Still able to see the price list defined for US OU, even though the security profile and operating unit associated with resp are different and QP security is set per step 2.
The price list should not be visible if the security is turned on and the OU associated to resp is different than the one where the price list was created.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms