Appraisals Are Not Removed When Manipulating Latest Start Date Or Canceling Hire
(Doc ID 1479463.1)
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Performance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Once the appraisals are created in the database either by publishing a performance management plan,
or by running the Mass Appraisal Creation Process, they do not reflect any change in the person's assignment,
and are not disabled/removed/deleted when the Latest Start Date is changed.
Steps to reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Hire a person, who is placed in the supervisor hierarchy that will be
used by the performance management plan you are going to publish. Use
01.01.2012 as the hire date:
2. Create a user account for this new employee, using System Administrator
3. Assign the Employee Self-Service responsibility to this new user with
your HRMS Manager responsibility:
4. Publish a new plan. Make sure that the employee you have just hired will
be included in this plan. Use the HR Professional V4.0 responsibility to
create and publish the plan. DO NOT include objective setting in the
process; the key point here is that the appraisals must be created when you
publish the plan:
5. Login as the employee, and go to Employee Self-Service, Performance
6. Navigate to the Go to Task icon of the Manage appraisal task of the plan
you have just published. The appraisal was created for this person:
7. Now log back to the application with a user with HRMS Manager
responsibility, and query this new hire on the Enter and Maintain form:
8. Modify the Latest Start Date of this record:
9. Switch to HR Professional V4.0, and republish the plan:
10. Login as the employee again, and go to Employee Self-Service,
Performance Management, then Go to Task for the Manage appraisal task of
11. There are two appraisals created for the same person for the same plan:
This could result in multiple appraisals getting created (and being active) for the same person for the same plan,
and unfinished appraisals remaining in the database which then cause troubles when running reports.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!