Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) was created in Order Management (OM) and need to be interfaced into Receivables (AR) as a normal financial process.
After Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) is processed by autoinvoice process, this autoinvoice process ends with error:
- A credit memo is attempting to overapply a specific transaction line, but overapplication is not allowed.
- The total amount of your credit memo cannot exceed the balance of the debit item it is crediting
- You can not apply more than the original line amount
The Tax code used is Inclusive Tax Code.
It seems as though the entire Credit Memo amount (Say x = line amount + tax, which is inclusive tax) is getting applied to the Invoice Line Amount ignoring the tax line causing the error.
As a workaround, when AMOUNT_INCLUDES_TAX_FLAG is checked (AMOUNT_INCLUDES_TAX_FLAG = Y), the interface completes with no error. This should not be required as long as the Inclusive Tax is checked.
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Order Management
Navigation: Orders, Returns > Orders
1. Create a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
2. Interface/Move the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) create to Receivables
Navigation: Interfaces > Autoinvoice
Run Autoinvoice Master program
Go To: Menu > View > Requests
Find the autoinvoice process executed
Review the log file generated and observed the process ends with the error mentioned before
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms