Dual UOM Conversion, For Lot Specific Receipt, Quantity Received on PO Was Calculated Wrong generating wrong cost
Last updated on JUNE 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 17-Sep-2014 ***
When receiving with lot specific conversion, the conversion is not applied on the received qty and the item cost is not calculated properly.
1. Create new item with dual uom.
2. Example primary UOM LB, sec UOM EA. Item Conversion 1 EA = 0.8 LB
3. Create PO. Item is inserted in secondary UOM. For eg. 1000 EA. The price entered at PO line is 10
4. Now go to receipts.
5. Receive in primary UOM. that is change the primary UOM in receipts screen to LB. The primary qty changes to 800 LB, based on item conversion.
6. Change the primary quantity manually to 900 LB manually
7. Then open the lot serial form and generate a new lot and enter primary qty 900 LB, secondary qty 1000 EA.
8. Save receipt.
9. Click yes to question - do you want to create lot specific conversion for this record?
10. Go back to PO shipment form. Ordered quantity shows 1000. The received qty is shown as 1125 (900/0.8), which is not correct. The received qty should be 1000 (900/0.9).
11. Do item cost calculation
12. The item cost is shown as 12.5 (10/0.8). It should be 11.11 (10/0.9) as per the lot conversion.
13. Customer is using PMAC costing method.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms