R12: "Oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParseException: Invalid Char In Text" Error When Running XML Publisher Report
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 12.0 to 12.2 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a cloned instance XML Publisher report executes correctly first time after all services have started. The second time and all subsequent times the report fails. If they restart FNDOPP service, report is generated correctly, every next time the report fails. The following error in OPP log file occurs when using Russian Cyrillic characters. Using plain English works fine:
Also have another instance with identical NLS settings where the issue doesn't happen. When used correct/certified NLS character set, the same as on the working instance.
Following approaches tried, without any effect:
1. Followed note "oracle.xdo.parser.v2.XMLParseException: Invalid char in text" Error Message is Generating Running XML/BI Publisher Reports (Doc ID 745451.1). Applied patch 7687414
2. Followed note How to Configure the Account Analysis Report in Release 12 for Large Reports (Doc ID 737311.1). For large reports.
3. Applied Patch:8793202:R12.XDO.B NEED ABILITY TO CHOSE TO IGNORE XML INVALID CHARACTERS OR NOT IGNORE.
4. Followed note Specific Special Characters Are Not Getting Printed In Pdf Output Format From XML Publisher Reports (Doc ID 1283873.1) -> Copy and register custom font files.
5. Tried using different tmp directory and ensures it has sufficient space (at least 5GB or 20x larger than largest data file running). Reviewed note Note 406195.1 - XML Publisher Temp Directory.
6. Increased fo_chunk_size value
7. Have English (or Latin alphabet) characters in the MAIN template and then generate the XFLIFF template to map those source latin words with the target (cyrillic) words as per translations section in the Report Design Guide.
This is cloned instance.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms